About the Halloween Challenge
How It Works
Create Your Page
- Register on our website
- You’ll get a dedicated donation page
- Give your creation a fun name
- Upload pictures
- Add it to our map (optional)
Show Off Your Creation
- Share your page on social media.
- Encourage friends and neighbors to donate.
We’ll support your fundraising effort.
- Our volunteer network will spread the word, giving you and your creation broad visibility.
- Our website will handle donations so you don’t have to. Your page will have a donation button and will show the amount you’ve raised to date.
- We’ll provide a yard sign to advertise your participation. (Available to participants in Austin Texas with public displays. Supplies limited)
- We’ll send a professional photographer to get awesome pictures of your creation. (Available to participants in Austin Texas with public displays. Supplies limited)
- We love horror as much as you, just don’t make something unusually offensive. If you could see it in a haunted house then it’s probably okay. We reserve the right to remove content from our website for any reason.
- Only submit your own creations. Don’t pass off somebody else’s work as your own.
Where does the money go?
We will send most donations to the Breast Cancer Resource Center. If we raise enough, we may designate other charities as additional recipients. We operate with minimal overhead, so most funds will go to our causes rather than our costs.
Is this a contest? Are there prizes?
We encourage friendly competition to raise as much money as possible. However, your creation will not be judged and no prizes will be awarded. Thanks to your effort, the real winners will be the BCRC and other charities.
We’ll recognize the contributions of all participants on our website. If you do something especially creative or interesting we may add a digital badge to your page with fun commentary on what we think makes it stand out.
What happens at the end of the challenge?
The challenge will end on November 9th. We’ll announce the impact on our website in November and will send you a letter of appreciation via email.
I don’t have a yard, can I still participate?
Absolutely! Create a display on your desk, create a decorative prop, a freaky costume, do anything you want! As long as you can take some cool pictures and share it on our website it is fair game.
My creation won’t be ready until later, can I still participate?
Yes. Registration will be open throughout October. You can sign up whenever you want and start building your page, then activate it when you are ready.
Is this a one-time thing?
This is our first year running the challenge. We welcome any feedback and may decide to run it again 2021.
I have a question that isn’t answered here.
We’d love to hear from you. Please email us with any questions or feedback.