Calling all Heroes!
The kingdom is in peril and is requesting the assistance
of brave adventurers to save it from an ancient foe.
Muster your forces. Don your armor and cloak. Prepare for battle.
Emerge victorious or fall in battle. The adventure awaits!
What is Quest Night?
Quest Night is an interactive action adventure starring you! Parties of six will fight, crawl, and puzzle their way through the Quest Night adventure. Each player will chose a class and be given hit points and abilities based upon that class. Players will also have the opportunity to purchase character buffs, spell scrolls, and healing potions, either for a small fee at Quest Night or by purchasing an Upgrade Package through this website.
Keep in mind: every dollar you spend directly benefits SCARE for a Cure! We are a non-profit charity organization committed to raising money for local cancer-related charities. We must raise money for safety infrastructure at our new location or we might not be able to continue providing that service. So, spend freely and help us help our fellow Central Texans!
But how do I actually take part in the quest?
If you ever played Dungeon & Dragons then you already have a leg up on other folks. The basis of D&D is a setting
that most folks today are familiar with: The Lord of the Rings.
Most people have seen the films, even if they have not read the books. It's an epic adventure featuring Knights, Dragons, Wizards, and Elves.
At Quest Night, you will take on the role of one of the heroes of such a tale. We will arm you with weapons and spells, and you will enter into combat with a wide variety of beastly characters.
Enter into combat? Are they going to hit me?!
Not physically, though your monstrous foes will do their best to take your hit points! Combat is performed by rolling special over-sized dice on a special table. If the attacker rolls high enough, then they hit their target and take a portion of their hit points.
You said parties of six; what if I only have two friends to bring with me?
Don't worry! If you do not have 6 people in your party you can join with other adventuring bands, or try your skill at finishing the quests with a reduced number of heroes.
So what happens after the Quest is over?
After your Quest, your character's stats, level, and assets will be recorded so that you will be ready to
continue your adventure at next year's Quest Night.
You will also be able to relive your Quest Night experience by visiting the photo booth and sharing battle stories in the Black Night Tavern.
Your vocabulary may need to include a few new words:
- Buff: Any spell or action that provides a positive benefit to a player.
- Class: Profession; Warrior, Mage, Rogue, Cleric, Warlord, Battlemage, Shadow, Crusader
- Dice/Die: A multi side object used to demonstrate random chance. Ex. a 6-sided die.
- GP: Gold Piece, the currency of the Realm. For our purposes, a $1 value.
- Hit Points: A measure of a character's health or an object's integrity. Damage decreases current hit points, and lost hit points return with healing.
- Level: A measurement of a players abilities within a given discipline. Ex. a 5th-level warrior has more skills and strength than a 2nd-level warrior.
- There are tons more, but that should give any rookies the basics.